Australia is not called ‘The Sunburnt Country’ for nothing. Our year-round warm, sunny climate makes this an ideal place to invest in, and harness, the power of the sun.
The sun is a natural provider of heat and energy. Advances in technology have made it incredibly easy to generate and use solar power for your home or business. Solar power is proven. It is good for the planet too, producing energy silently, responsibly, reliably, and sustainably.
When you install install solar technology, saving the environment and saving money can go hand-in-hand because solar panels help you generate some (or all) of the electricity you use. If your panels generate more electricity than you consume, Enova offers a feed in tariff for solar energy that’s exported by you and made available for others.
Enova is Australia’s first community-owned energy retailer. When you become an Enova customer, you become part of a team that is dedicated to ensuring that solar power becomes more accessible for everyone.
At Enova we are committed to ‘thinking differently’ about the energy industry as a whole – from sourcing to distribution to usage.
We operate locally in Australia, so when you support Enova, you can be sure your money is staying in Australia – creating jobs and enabling local regions to develop their own clean, sustainable energy resources.
A solar solution just for you
WHO CAN CREATE AN ACCOUNT?
There’s never been a better time to think about installing solar – it’s an investment in the future and it will help you reduce the amount of energy you purchase, as well as reduce your carbon footprint.
But there is no ‘one size fits all’ solution, and wading through the options can get complicated.
Determining the right solar system for you depends on a number of factors including:
- Your energy usage habits – what time of day you use the most energy?
- The size of your roof and it’s orientation to the sun.
- Do you have an existing system?
- How old is your existing system?
- What do you want to achieve by producing your own solar power?
- How much you can afford to invest in solar technology?
- A combination of solar you generate yourself, ‘topped up’ by energy purchased from the grid. This is a simple way to reduce your carbon footprint.
- If you want to – and have the capacity to – produce more solar than you can use, then Enova offers a feed-in tariff rate for excess solar you export to the grid on the Solar Premium plan.
- Off-grid installations are also being used in our area and they are increasingly more financially viable in instances where the cost of installing a new grid connection is prohibitively high.
Battery technology is an area that is currently undergoing rapid changes, and there are exciting new developments that we are keeping an eye on. Our partner, RedEarth Energy Storage has two exclusive offers to help you transition to 100% renewables. A battery offer to complement your existing rooftop solar, or a solar system and battery offer.
Use and store your own solar
Under this option you minimise the amount of energy you need to import at higher prices. When determining the value of this option, keep in mind that with the exported energy to the grid, you would have received a feed-in tariff from Enova, so the economics of battery installations need to be worked out on an overall saving of what you would have paid for the energy from the grid (for example 25 c/kwh) less the feed-in tariff you would have received (for example 9 c/kwh) so the amount to consider is the difference. The economic benefits of this option depend on factors such as the size of your solar system, how much energy you use in the house during the day when the solar panels are producing energy and how much energy is left to be then stored in the batteries. Check out RedEarth's exclusive solar system and battery offer.
For more information when considering this scenario click here.