Financial Hardship Information
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
Enova Energy wants to keep you connected. If you find yourself in a position where you cannot pay your bill please contact us immediately because we don’t want to see members of our community, our neighbours, disconnected and disadvantaged because they are unable to afford an essential service like energy.
WHAT IS FINANCIAL HARDSHIP?
Financial hardship can be short-term and temporary, but sometimes it can last much longer. Usually, it is the result of a change in income, employment, living arrangements, or an unexpected expense; however, It can also be a result of a low fixed income or a medical issue.
The circumstances that create financial hardship can be different for everyone. Our specially trained staff can help you with a tailored program to assist you to manage your energy payments and energy consumption.
How will we help?
- Manage any outstanding energy bills.
- Provide you with advice and strategies to reduce future energy consumption.
- Make future energy bills easier to manage.
- Identify any additional assistance that you may be eligible for.
What do we ask of you?
- Agree to adhere to the terms of the tailored hardship plan we create with you.
- Make the agreed installments in the payment plan.
- Contact us as soon as possible if there is a problem in making your payments.
Download our full Financial Hardship Program document
If you have entered into an agreement under the terms of this Financial Hardship Program and do not make the required payments or fail to contact us when required, you will be removed from the program.
Work with us and our Energy Coaches to identify and implement energy efficiency at home.
Our staff will always display respect and empathy for your situation and will work with you to establish a fair and reasonable payment plan and to ensure that you understand the details of the hardship program. There are no special requirements, application processes or costs for you to access assistance through our financial hardship program. It is open to all residential customers who need assistance and are willing to commit to the terms of the program.