Our energy offering is unique in the marketplace
- We’re wholly Australian-owned by more than 1,600 shareholders.
- 50% of our profits will be reinvested into our not-for-profit arm for community energy initiatives and social benefit projects.
- We’re a new company, built from the ground up, motivated to transform Australia’s energy industry.
- We’re on a journey to supply power to our customers from 100% renewable energy sources – preferably community-owned.
- We’re the only energy company that’s a social enterprise.
Enova’s Energy Purchases
- Renewable and reliable energy
In addition, we are targeting 100% renewable energy as soon as possible. We plan to do this by purchasing energy from renewable energy generators via Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs). We are also working towards owning storage (battery) assets and our own renewable energy generation. We’ll update this page with details when available.
- Customer rooftop solar – Renewable Energy
More than 60% (three times the state and national average) of our customers have roof top solar panels, meaning they meet some or most their energy needs with solar. Our solar customers’ energy exports (that is, the energy they sell back to the grid) provide about 50% of our customers’ energy consumption.
- Grid connected energy
At present, like most retailers, the remainder of the energy Enova supplies to its customers is from the National Electricity Market, known as ‘the Grid’.
This is generated from a combination of grid connected renewable energy sources such as solar, wind, biomass and hydro, as well as non-renewable energy sources including coal and gas. Enova has purchased carbon offsets approved under the National Carbon Offset Standard (NCOS) to offset Enova’s grid energy purchases from non-renewable energy sources. We follow a calculation methodology approved by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER) and will publish the audit reports on our website in due course. Details on our carbon offsets are below.